Saturday, June 25, 2011

Figure #4























"Figure #4"
pencil on paper, 2010
10" x 8"(25.4cm x 20.32cm)
For Sale at Daily Paintworks, CLICK HERE

Here's a linear figure sketch done from my head, no model or reference. Something I plan on doing more of in the near future, getting back to the simple pleasure and joy of drawing. It does not take all the preparation of painting. A surface and a marking tool of some kind is all that is needed. Easy. Give a child paper and a box of crayons and they dive right in.

I sometimes forget to draw for drawing's sake alone. It really is relaxing when I don't have to focus so intently on 'making it right', when there is no end purpose as studies for paintings can be.

Ironically, even when I'm too busy with paintings for shows, commissions etc. and I don't think I have time, drawing this way is actually therapeutic and has a way of clearing my head, allowing me to refocus on work and deadlines. So the busier I get the greater the need for drawing.120

Click on image for larger view  

2 comments:

  1. i immediately responded to the honest lines of the drawing... it is beautiful.... looking forward to seeing your future drawings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rahina,
    I always appreciate your comments. I sometimes refer to it as free drawing... just letting it all flow free, letting the tool wander and see what happens, much like taking an unplanned meandering walk.

    ReplyDelete