Thursday, January 26, 2017

Nocturne from Marker Sketch







































"Suburb Nocturne"
watercolor on paper, 2016
4" x 7" (10.16cm x 17.78cm)

Marker sketches
black markers
sketchbook 6" x 8" (15.24cm x 20.32cm)
Not for Sale

Here's a small watercolor from my marker sketches and another imagined nocturne landscape.
You can see the marker sketch original post here.
I am working from the marker sketches as an excuse to experiment in a variety of paint applications or treatment of the medium, taking my cue from the manner in which I drew with the marker.
The marker sketches were experimental in themselves and often were dictated the complexity of subject, my patience for careful study vs quick sketch and even by my mood at the time.

I am back to posting on a regular basis again so stay tuned. For now I will be posting these watercolors from the marker sketches.492


2 comments:

  1. Hey Buddy!

    I always knew I loved your work David!
    But just now, while enjoying our latest gem I immediately thought of El Greco!!! Yes! Much of your beautiful art brings me joy! Just as El Greco's work does! Keep them coming David! El Greco is in good company!
    Your East Coast Art Buddy Who Is Still Out Here!
    Michael
    "A View Of Toledo...In A Storm!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Michael!
      Thanks for your visit, it's been a while.
      El Greco, yes, I love his work too.
      I am headed over to your blog now to see what you have been up to.
      Keep painting...

      Delete