Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Inky Black



*Update- I was able to get a photo of the art framed. Although I prefer to have the framing done by a professional framer, occasionally I have to do it myself. A simple black frame, handwritten caption underneath.



"Study for 'Villa Riviera Wrapped for Restoration' "
oil on panel, 2009
5" x 3.5" (12.7cm x 7.62cm)
private collection

This study I did after the previously posted painting, which for better or worse, I excitedly dove into head first, no preliminary work. As I said in previous post this subject will be addressed in a series of images and different mediums. I'll post them over time. Here, a small oil where I experimented with a slightly more tonal approach, inkier blacks, and a warmer backround.12
Click on image for larger view

No comments:

Post a Comment