Friday, December 20, 2013

HB Power Plant Backside

"HB Power Plant Backside"
watercolor on paper, 2013
6" x 9" (15.24cm x 22.86cm)
For sale at DAILY PAINTWORKS
Direct link to painting here

The Huntington Beach Power Plant may be getting torn down soon so I present it from its backside and in the background, the marine layer moving in to engulf it, a device I have used before to indicate an eventual disappearance from the landscape. We get so used to some landmarks around us they become a fixture in our lives and we will notice them more when they are gone one day.261

*The color of this pic is a little off, a bit too pink, but when it leaves my photo editing app it looks right.

4 comments:

  1. Running out of compliments buddy!
    Bravo! Bravo! Bravo!
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael, you are a loyal follower.
      Keep painting...

      Delete
  2. He descubierto tu blog y me gusta tu trabajo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pablo. I appreciate your visit and thanks for following my blog.

      Gracias Pablo. Le agradezco su visita y gracias por seguir mi blog.

      Delete