Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Seascape Tide Pools 2

"Seascape Tide Pools 2"
watercolor on paper, 2013
6" x 9" (15.24cm x 22.86cm)
For sale at DAILY PAINTWORKS
Direct link to painting here

Here is another exploratory seascape. I am doing these in preparation for larger works.
As I experiment with light, atmosphere, seasons, palette, design, moving the horizon up and down etc, I will begin to hone in on one or more series within the larger seascape motif.

This one and the previous "Seascape Tide Pools" both are fair weather versions.260

4 comments:

  1. Nice! Love the clouds in this one David!
    Also love the rocks surrounding the tidal pool! Massive and foreboding! Larger versions of both would be impressive! Ocean, mountain, and clouds!!
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, don't I know you, you seem familiar?
    I am having fun exploring various approaches as I ponder painting new seascapes, thanks for you observations.
    This spot is roughly the same as the previous one. But here I was looking north instead of south.
    Keep painting...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow David, you've been prolific since my last visit to your blog! I like the studies you have been doing. I hope you enjoy doing the larger versions.
    I hope you have a great Christmas and a very productive and fulfilling New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy,
      Thank you. I have been hard at work and am enjoying these studies as I search for new ideas and series. I really like this time of year as we look forward to a new start again.

      You too have a Merry Christmas and a productive New Year!

      ...and Keep painting...

      Delete