Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Seascape Tide Pools

"Seascape Tide Pools"
watercolor on paper, 2013
6" x 8" (15.24cm x 20.32cm)
For sale at DAILY PAINTWORKS
Direct link to painting here

One of my goals for 2014 is to do more seascapes. I am beginning to do these smaller watercolors to search out what direction I will take with them. In this painting, at low tide, the tide pools remain relatively calm even when there are waves.
I am sure I will do others of these tide pools since the rocky pools offer some great patterns.259

4 comments:

  1. I am so drawn to this painting, I've been studying it for the last few minutes, standing on the rocks, dipping my toes in the water, listening to the sea gulls and wondering what I might find beyond those cliffs. Really wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suzanne,
      Nice to hear from you again. Thanks for your comment and your sentiments reflect exactly what it was like here as a kid in the summer time. We used to spend many days here exploring and swimming.
      Keep painting...

      Delete
  2. I am so looking forward to 2014 with more beautiful Avid Art seascapes! Love this one David! Serene! Calm! Inviting. You use the medium very well!
    Keep on keeping on David!
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael,
      I do have plans for 2014. Need to get back to other subjects from my youth, one that was happy as I depicted here.
      Keep painting...

      Delete