Thursday, May 20, 2010

Saturated Hues


"Spring Seascape"
oil on panel, 2010
6" x 8" (15.24cm x 20.32cm)
private collection

After the last entry I'm hoping this seascape will urge Mother Nature to finally deliver spring before it's time for summer. This painting is small but I have 5 or 6 medium sized ones in the works, I'll post them sometime soon, been working on these 'mini's' lately, recently sold 11 of them plus a slightly larger figure painting.

This is the So Cal spring I remember. As Mother Nature's temperament softens... the winter fades, the days lengthen and the sun arches higher... the colors in her palette get swept clean. The waters begin to calm and it warms up enough for water ballon fights. The horizon lays itself out once again... basking in the sun.

Although a horizon is not shown here, the pacific blue lightens as it moves towards it and as the sky reflects off it's surface. The deeper shades of winter replaced by the brighter, more saturated hues of spring.31
Click on image to enlarge

2 comments:

  1. would love to see more of sea scapes, this one is my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you,
    I have some (larger ones) in the works... I'll post them when ready.

    ReplyDelete