Monday, August 13, 2012

Huntington Beach Spring
















"H.B. 24"
oil on panel, 2012
3.5" x 5" (8.89cm x 12.7cm)
For Sale at Daily Paintworks, CLICK HERE

Named for the Huntington Beach lifeguard station this small painting really is a study in a palette similar to these two in that I dirty up the pinks and purples, which I rarely use. It's a palette I don't use very often but occasionally the time of day and atmospheric conditions dictate it.

Early spring... as the sun arcs higher new colors are in the light and beginning to show their eventual saturation... less deep like winter but not yet the bright hues of full spring.187

Click on image to enlarge

4 comments:

  1. You may not use this palette often, but you use it beautifully. A lovely painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Shirley.
      I do enjoy working outside of my usual palette from time to time. As an artist yourself you would know what I'm talking about.

      Delete
  2. A fine painting from a nice palette by a very talented artist!
    Take care David.
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael,
      I always appreciate your thoughtful comments.
      Keep painting...

      Delete